Friday, September 9, 2011

1+1= Jesus Fish

I've come to discover that I have a slight comprehension problem. The problem first made itself clear when I completely understood the teacher's lecture about how petroleum is insoluble in water, yet I didn't understand her when she welcomed me to Belgium.

The comprehension problem continued in physics. The teacher wrote a long string of illegible notes on the board that I attempted to copy down.

What I copied into my notebook:
"Vector ate dinner in a sewer because he wasn't invited to a lounge by Dr. Apple."

What was meant to be copied down (English translation):
"The VECTEUR representation: direction, sense, intensity, and application point."

Math isn't really any better. Although it's supposedly the universal language, it doesn't seem very universal when this is what I think the equation is:

umy(90º+Jesus fish)=umyJesusfish

When the teacher wrote some kind of helpful information on the board, this is what I read:
"The complementary colors of a Jesus fish and 'go' equal a negative Jesus fish."

In other news, I completely wiped out while going down a staircase in the school today. It happened while following a few friends to an unknown classroom. You have to understand that there are stairs everywhere in the school. It's like Hogwarts, only less magical. As we were walking down what was probably our fifth staircase, I totally missed a step and went flailing down. Now, I slip and stumble nearly every time I go up (or down) a staircase, but this was the first time I'd really made a fool of myself. Unfortunately, I expect many more of these incidents to occur.

5 comments:

  1. "You should have tons of confidence! You know dat?" - Shaolin Soccer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, of course. Not speaking the language well enough to comprehend half of what is said and falling down staircases are both great confidence boosters. I wish I'd heard of this "feel like a fool" esteem raising technique earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way I read this post, you were venting about how you just know you're going to die. You're not going to die, to fail, to fall. You're Cayenne. You're a smart person, and you WILL figure out how to get through this because you are Cayenne. This is good for someone like you who was never REALLY challenged by school in the states (let's face it, you're too smart). Also, a little confidence in yourself definitely wouldn't hurt your journey to success. Just trying to help :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Silas,

    You're a fabulous person and I adore you very much. You already knew that, but I like to repeat myself. Though, you do tend to read too deeply into the things I say. Especially when I was going through my "I love you" phase.... Regardless, you're always so positive and awesome. I LOVE YOU.
    Also, every time I eat ice cream, I think about you and Cherry Berry.

    Signed,
    Buell the Hermit of Fire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Years from now when you reminise on this experience, you will marvel in your strength and courage.
    All you have to do now is cherish one moment at a time, and your innate wisdom will carry you there.

    ReplyDelete